Sunday 24 February 2013

Concrete Jungle

The city that never sleeps

I got back from New York this morning & felt massively inspired for my first post to be about my favourite place in the world. I have been fortunate enough to visit NYC twice and can see myself going back time and time again! 


3 reasons


1. It feels like home! How many times have you watched a film and the skyline has accompanied the opening credits? How many shots of the city were featured in Friends and Sex and the City? As soon as you step foot out of the airport and you see a yellow cab you immediately are hit with a sense of familiarity alongside the mad excitement that obviously comes from being in a new country. New York is a 6-7 hour plan journey from London but feels like home to me.

2. The FOOD! I generally eat pretty well but my massive weakness in life is CHOCOLATE! So when I am in New York I stock up on all the scrummy stuff we don't get in the UK. To be fair, since Hershey's bought Cadburys we have seen an increase in the American chocolate on offer over here but there are some gems still only up for grabs on the over side of the pond. I will include some photos in this post for you to drool over.

3. T R A I N E R S. My major passion in life has got to be trainers! I own over 20 pairs and the collection just keeps on growing. New York has a lot of trainer shops to feed my addiction and the best part is that the prices are either the same in dollars that they are in sterling (which means HELLO DISCOUNT as the exchange rate is generally 1.6 on a good day) or CHEAPER! This year when I went I bought 6 pairs home with me so I am a very happy bunny indeed. (I have a blog post on my trainer collection so if you're likeminded check it out!)


NYC 2013 SNAPS

(check out my instagram sophiejanehines for lots more)


me & my boyfriend one rainy evening in Times Square

The Rockefeller by night


Little old me in Times Square


little selection!


Yellow school buses in Central Park


If this has inspired you and you want to see some other cool photos of NYC and you're on instagram have a look at why_i_love_new_york_city.
Also listen to this!

Have any of you visited New York or has another city stolen your heart? Let me know and share some photos!

x










No comments:

Post a Comment